WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. advise, notify, give notice, send word, apprise, apprize, inform
- usage: inform (somebody) of something; "I advised him that the rent was due"
- 2. instruct, apprise, apprize, inform
- usage: make aware of; "Have the students been apprised of the tuition hike?"
- 3. appreciate, apprize, apprise, revalue, increase
- usage: gain in value; "The yen appreciated again!"
- 4. appreciate, apprize, apprise, revalue
- usage: increase the value of; "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark"
All rights reserved.
See also: apprise (Dictionary)