WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. apposition, modification, qualifying, limiting
- usage: a grammatical relation between a word and a noun phrase that follows; "`Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer' is an example of apposition"
- 2. apposition, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: (biology) growth in the thickness of a cell wall by the deposit of successive layers of material
- 3. juxtaposition, apposition, collocation, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the act of positioning close together (or side by side); "it is the result of the juxtaposition of contrasting colors"
All rights reserved.
See also: apposition (Dictionary)