- 1. antediluvian, antediluvian patriarch, patriarch
- usage: any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge
- 2. ancient, antediluvian, oldster, old person, senior citizen, golden ager
- usage: a very old person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. antediluvian, antediluvial
- usage: of or relating to the period before the biblical flood; "antediluvian man"
- 2. antediluvian, antiquated, archaic, old (vs. new)
- usage: so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
All rights reserved.
See also: antediluvian (Dictionary)