WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hostility, enmity, antagonism, state
- usage: a state of deep-seated ill-will
- 2. antagonism, opposition, oppositeness
- usage: the relation between opposing principles or forces or factors; "the inherent antagonism of capitalism and socialism"
- 3. antagonism, hostility, enmity, ill will, dislike
- usage: an actively expressed feeling of dislike and hostility
- 4. antagonism, hindrance, hinderance, interference
- usage: (biochemistry) interference in or inhibition of the physiological action of a chemical substance by another having a similar structure
All rights reserved.
See also: antagonism (Dictionary)