WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Annunciation, Lady Day, Annunciation Day, March 25, quarter day
- usage: a festival commemorating the announcement of the Incarnation by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
- 2. Annunciation
- usage: (Christianity) the announcement to the Virgin Mary by the angel Gabriel of the incarnation of Christ
- 3. announcement, proclamation, annunciation, declaration, statement
- usage: a formal public statement; "the government made an announcement about changes in the drug war"; "a declaration of independence"
All rights reserved.
See also: annunciation (Dictionary)