- 1. angling, fishing, sportfishing
- usage: fishing with a hook and line (and usually a pole)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. angle, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move or proceed at an angle; "he angled his way into the room"
- 2. lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle, bend, flex
- usage: to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
- 3. fish, angle, search, seek, look for
- usage: seek indirectly; "fish for compliments"
- 4. angle, fish
- usage: fish with a hook
- 5. slant, angle, weight, bias, predetermine
- usage: present with a bias; "He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
All rights reserved.
See also: angling (Dictionary)