WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. angler, schemer, plotter
- usage: a scheming person; someone who schemes to gain an advantage
- 2. angler, troller, fisherman, fisher
- usage: a fisherman who uses a hook and line
- 3. goosefish, angler, anglerfish, angler fish, monkfish, lotte, allmouth, Lophius Americanus, spiny-finned fish, acanthopterygian
- usage: fishes having large mouths with a wormlike filament attached for luring prey
All rights reserved.
See also: angler (Dictionary)