WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fable, parable, allegory, apologue, story
- usage: a short moral story (often with animal characters)
- 2. emblem, allegory, symbol, symbolization, symbolisation, symbolic representation
- usage: a visible symbol representing an abstract idea
- 3. allegory, expressive style, style
- usage: an expressive style that uses fictional characters and events to describe some subject by suggestive resemblances; an extended metaphor
All rights reserved.
See also: allegory (Dictionary)