- 1. alight, light, perch, land, set down
- usage: to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
- 2. alight, climb down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: come down; "the birds alighted"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ablaze(predicate), afire(predicate), aflame(predicate), aflare(predicate), alight(predicate), on fire(predicate), lighted (vs. unlighted), lit
- usage: lighted up by or as by fire or flame; "forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"; "even the car's tires were aflame"; "a night aflare with fireworks"; "candles alight on the tables"; "houses on fire"
All rights reserved.
See also: alight (Dictionary)