WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carob, carob bean, algarroba bean, algarroba, locust bean, locust pod, bean
- usage: long pod containing small beans and sweetish edible pulp; used as animal feed and source of a chocolate substitute
- 2. carob, carob tree, carob bean tree, algarroba, Ceratonia siliqua, bean tree
- usage: evergreen Mediterranean tree with edible pods; the biblical carob
- 3. algarroba, algarrobilla, algarobilla, bean
- usage: mesquite pod used in tanning and dyeing
- 4. algarroba, Prosopis juliflora, Prosopis juliiflora, mesquite, mesquit
- usage: mesquite of Gulf Coast and Caribbean Islands from Mexico to Venezuela
All rights reserved.
See also: algarroba (Dictionary)