Synonyms of alarmed
- 1. dismay, alarm, appal, appall, horrify, frighten, fright, scare, affright
- usage: fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised; "I was horrified at the thought of being late for my interview"; "The news of the executions horrified us"
- 2. alarm, alert, warn
- usage: warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alarmed, afraid(predicate) (vs. unafraid)
- usage: experiencing a sudden sense of danger
All rights reserved.