WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agribusiness, agriculture, factory farm, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: a large-scale farming enterprise
- 2. farming, agriculture, husbandry, cultivation
- usage: the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock
- 3. Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Department, Agriculture, USDA, executive department
- usage: the federal department that administers programs that provide services to farmers (including research and soil conservation and efforts to stabilize the farming economy); created in 1862
- 4. agriculture, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: the class of people engaged in growing food
All rights reserved.
See also: agriculture (Dictionary)