WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agreement, understanding, statement
- usage: the statement (oral or written) of an exchange of promises; "they had an agreement that they would not interfere in each other's business"; "there was an understanding between management and the workers"
- 2. agreement, correspondence, compatibility
- usage: compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
- 3. agreement, accord, harmony, concord, concordance
- usage: harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in agreement"
- 4. agreement, arrangement, planning, preparation, provision
- usage: the thing arranged or agreed to; "they made arrangements to meet in Chicago"
- 5. agreement, concord, grammatical relation
- usage: the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- 6. agreement, speech act
- usage: the verbal act of agreeing
All rights reserved.
See also: agreement (Dictionary)