WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. protagonist, agonist
- usage: the principal character in a work of fiction
- 2. agonist, contestant
- usage: someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon)
- 3. agonist, antagonistic muscle
- usage: a muscle that contracts while another relaxes; "when bending the elbow the biceps are the agonist"
- 4. agonist, drug
- usage: (biochemistry) a drug that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction
All rights reserved.
See also: agonist (Dictionary)