- 1. afoot(predicate), moving (vs. nonmoving)
- usage: traveling by foot; "she was afoot when I saw her this morning"
- 2. afoot(predicate), underway, current (vs. noncurrent)
- usage: currently in progress; "there is mischief afoot"; "plans are afoot"; "preparations for the trial are underway"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. afoot
- usage: on foot; walking; "they went to the village afoot"; "quail are hunted either afoot or on horseback"
All rights reserved.
See also: afoot (Dictionary)