- 1. ad, advertisement, advertizement, advertising, advertizing, advert, promotion, publicity, promotional material, packaging
- usage: a public promotion of some product or service
- 2. advertising, publicizing, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the business of drawing public attention to goods and services
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. advertise, publicize, advertize, publicise, announce, denote
- usage: call attention to; "Please don't advertise the fact that he has AIDS"
- 2. advertise, advertize, promote, push, praise
- usage: make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops"
All rights reserved.
See also: advertising (Dictionary)