Synonyms of admonishing
- 1. warn, discourage, admonish, monish, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet"
- 2. caution, admonish, monish, warn
- usage: warn strongly; put on guard
- 3. admonish, reprove, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: take to task; "He admonished the child for his bad behavior"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. admonitory, admonishing, reproachful, reproving, unfavorable (vs. favorable), unfavourable
- usage: expressing reproof or reproach especially as a corrective
All rights reserved.