Synonyms of addressed
- 1. address, turn to, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window"
- 2. address, speak
- usage: give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- 3. address, direct, label
- usage: put an address on (an envelope)
- 4. address, target, aim, place, direct, point
- usage: direct a question at someone
- 5. address, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- 6. address, call, address, turn to
- usage: greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'"; "Call me Mister"; "She calls him by first name"
- 7. address, access
- usage: access or locate by address
- 8. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 9. address, accost, come up to, come, come up
- usage: speak to someone
- 10. address, align, aline, line up, adjust
- usage: adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. addressed (vs. unaddressed), self-addressed
- usage: (of mail) marked with a destination; "I throw away all mail addressed to `resident'"
All rights reserved.