WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. acquisition, acquiring, getting
- usage: the act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something; "the acquisition of wealth"; "the acquisition of one company by another"
- 2. acquisition, transferred property, transferred possession
- usage: something acquired; "a recent acquisition by the museum"
- 3. learning, acquisition, basic cognitive process
- usage: the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge; "the child's acquisition of language"
- 4. skill, accomplishment, acquirement, acquisition, attainment, ability, power
- usage: an ability that has been acquired by training
All rights reserved.
See also: acquisition (Dictionary)