WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accompaniment, concomitant, attendant, co-occurrence, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event or situation that happens at the same time as or in connection with another
- 2. accompaniment, musical accompaniment, backup, support, part, voice
- usage: a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts
- 3. complement, accompaniment, adjunct
- usage: something added to complete or embellish or make perfect; "a fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner"; "wild rice was served as an accompaniment to the main dish"
- 4. escort, accompaniment, protection
- usage: the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them
All rights reserved.
See also: accompaniment (Dictionary)