- 1. academician, academic, faculty member, educator, pedagogue, pedagog
- usage: an educator who works at a college or university
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. academic
- usage: associated with academia or an academy; "the academic curriculum"; "academic gowns"
- 2. academic, theoretical (vs. applied)
- usage: hypothetical or theoretical and not expected to produce an immediate or practical result; "an academic discussion"; "an academic question"
- 3. academic, donnish, pedantic, scholarly (vs. unscholarly)
- usage: marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects
All rights reserved.
See also: academic (Dictionary)