Synonyms of absolutism
- 1. absolutism, tyranny, despotism, dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control
- usage: dominance through threat of punishment and violence
- 2. dictatorship, absolutism, authoritarianism, Caesarism, despotism, monocracy, one-man rule, shogunate, Stalinism, totalitarianism, tyranny, autocracy, autarchy
- usage: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
- 3. absolutism, totalitarianism, totalism, political orientation, ideology, political theory
- usage: the principle of complete and unrestricted power in government
- 4. absolutism, doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism
- usage: the doctrine of an absolute being
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of absolutism (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.