WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abrasion, scratch, scrape, excoriation, wound, lesion
- usage: an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- 2. abrasion, attrition, corrasion, detrition, erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away
- usage: erosion by friction
- 3. grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition, friction, rubbing
- usage: the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
All rights reserved.
See also: abrasion (Dictionary)