- 1. bide, abide, stay, stay, stay on, continue, remain
- usage: dwell; "You can stay with me while you are in town"; "stay a bit longer--the day is still young"
- 2. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abiding, enduring, imperishable, permanent (vs. impermanent), lasting
- usage: unceasing; "an abiding belief"; "imperishable truths"
All rights reserved.
See also: abiding (Dictionary)