Super Bowl Quiz
Which player holds the Super Bowl career scoring record?
- Smith has five TDs and Harris has four. Jerry Rice is a receiver with no rushing TDs.
Name the last team to score less than 10 points in a Super Bowl game.
- In Super Bowl LIII (2019), the LA Rams scored just 3 points.
The Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl. What company makes the statue?
- They're not just known for their lamps.
Which of the following was the price of a 30-second television ad during Super Bowl I in 1967?
- Ha. 42,000 won't even get you one second this year. Spots are going for more than $2 million, meaning each second will cost you more than $66,000.
Which team has appeared in the most consecutive Super Bowls?
- The Patriots have appeared in the most Super Bowls, but the record for consecutive appearances goes to the Bills. The Bills lost four consecutive Super Bowls from 1990-1993.
Which of these franchises has lost more Super Bowl Games than they've won?
- The Dolphins have appeared in five Super Bowls but lost three of them. Meanwhile the Washington Redskins are 3-2, New England is 6-5, and the N.Y. Jets are a perfect 1-0.
Where was Super Bowl I played?
- Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles was the setting for the first Super Bowl, although it wouldn't actually be called Super Bowl I until several years later.
Which of these NFL head coaches holds the record for most Super Bowl wins?
- Belichick has won six Super Bowls since 2000. Before him, Chuck Noll coached the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1969 to 1991. All four of his Super Bowl victories came in the 1970's, with Pittsburgh's famed "Steel Curtain" defense.
Who has played in more Super Bowls that anyone else?
- Quarterback Tom Brady will, as of 2021, have appeared and played in 10 Super Bowls. He will also be the oldest player to appear in a Super Bowl at age 43.
Which of the following games was the highest-rated Super Bowl in television history?
- The 49ers' victory over the Bengals in 1982 scored a 49.1 rating with a 73 share, making it the fourth-most watched TV program of all time. It is behind only the M*A*S*H final episode, "Who Shot J.R.", and Roots, part eight.