Major League Baseball Quiz
What famous baseball player said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."
What player has won the most MVP awards?
- Bonds has won four National League MVP Awards. Several American League players have won three titles.
Where is the Baseball Hall of Fame and National Museum located?
What player holds the all-time record number of hits?
- Pete Rose logged 4,256 hits in his career.
Who was the first African American baseball player to play in the modern major leagues?
Which team has won the most World Series titles?
- The Yankees have won 26 World Series titles.
Who was the only pitcher to pitch a perfect game in a World Series?
- Don Larsen of the New York Yankees pitched a perfect game during the 1956 World Series.
The Red Sox sold Babe Ruth to what team in 1920?
- Many baseball fans believe the sale of Babe Ruth created a curse, called the "Curse of the Bambino," that prevented the Red Sox from winning a World Series. The "curse" was finally reversed in 2004, however.
Which pitcher has struck the most batters?
- Nolan Ryan played 27 seasons in major league baseball and struck out 5,714 batters.
What father-son pair was the only to play in the major leagues at the same time?
- They were also the only father and son to play on the same team.