Major League Ballparks Quiz
What park is located at 24 Willie Mays Plaza?
- 24 was Willie Mays' number, retired by the Giants.
Which stadium boasts the highest capacity in the major leagues?
- Yankee Stadium has 57,545 seats; RFK Stadium, home to the Washington Nationals, holds 56,500; and Fenway Park is the smallest park with 36,298 seats.
Which of the following items could you NOT find in the original Comiskey Park in Chicago (replaced in 1991)?
- Colorful White Sox owner Bill Veeck wasn't afraid to take risks with his team or his park to make money and headlines. The shower and the scoreboard were just the beginning.
In which stadium could you find fountains and waterfalls outside the right-center field wall?
- There are 322 feet of colorful waterfalls and fountains at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Which stadium houses a baseball-themed Ferris wheel in its concourse?
- Comerica Park has a 50-foot Ferris wheel with 12 cars shaped like baseballs.
What is the name of the right field foul pole at Boston's Fenway Park?
- Pesky's Pole was named after former Red Sox star Johnny Pesky, who acquired the reputation of wrapping cheap home runs around the pole situated just 302 feet from home plate. In actuality, Pesky hit only six home runs in Fenway Park during his 10-year career.
Which Yankee great is NOT honored in Monument Park outside the left-center field wall of Yankee Stadium?
- Fan favorite Catfish Hunter, who won two World Series with the Yankees in 1977-78, does not have his own monument in Yankee Stadium.
The rooftops of buildings on Waveland and Sheffield avenues are some of the best locations to watch a game in this stadium:
- Waveland and Sheffield avenues surround historic Wrigley Field in Chicago.
In which stadium can you find a 346-room hotel beyond the right field wall?
- The Renaissance Toronto Hotel at Rogers Centre is the only hotel in the world situated within a domed stadium. Seventy of the 346 rooms overlook the field. Former Blue Jays second baseman Roberto Alomar made the hotel his home during his stint with the club in the early 90s.
In which stadium do the fans yell "O" in unison when the national anthem reaches "O say does that star spangled banner yet wave?"
- Baltimore fans all yell "O" for their beloved Orioles.