Spies, Espionage, and Counterintelligence
What is the primary goal of counterintelligence?
- The main aim of counterintelligence is to prevent espionage or spying by rival entities.
Which country was Aldrich Ames spying for when he was arrested by the FBI?
- Aldrich Ames was spying for Russia.
What is a “Honey Trap” in the context of counterintelligence?
- A “Honey Trap” involves using seduction to extract information.
What is the name of the counterintelligence and security agency in Russia?
- The Federal Security Service (FSB) is Russia's counterintelligence agency.
Edward Snowden leaked classified information from which agency?
- Edward Snowden leaked information from the National Security Agency (NSA).
What is “SIGINT” in the field of counterintelligence?
- SIGINT stands for Signal Intelligence.
Which novel popularized the concept of counterintelligence?
- “The Spy Who Came in From the Cold” by John le Carré popularized the concept.
The term”'mole” in counterintelligence refers to:
- A “mole” is a spy who infiltrates an enemy organization.
Project MKUltra was a program of which agency?
- Project MKUltra was a program of the CIA.
Counter-intelligence often involves the use of “dead drops”'. What are they?
- A “dead drop” is a secret location where items can be left for collection.