Horror Movie Quotes
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." What movie was this quote from?
- During the rewrites of Jaws, this line was inspired by the physical issues with filming on water and the dilemma the characters were facing in the film.
What is the herb mentioned in 1941's The Wolf Man, that blooms "when the autumn moon is bright"?
- Wolfsbane is a perennial herb that many werewolf movies associate with full moons and characters turning into monstrous beasts.
What was the name of the infamous demon that appeared as an evil nun in The Conjuring universe, proclaimed in Lorraine Warren's quote, "Your name is…"
- In the lore of this franchise, knowing a demon's name gives you power over it, so discovering the antagonist's identity was pivotal in The Conjuring 2.
In 1996's Scream, what quality did Stu and Billy say that movies inspire in "psychos"?
- Stu and Billy challenge popular media when they proclaim that "Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative!"
In what horror movie did a psychic character named Elise proclaim that the house itself was not haunted, it was the couple's son?
- Instead of the typical haunted house trope, the first Insidious movie drops a bomb: it's actually the child that has an evil presence attached to him.
In Annabelle: Creation, what did the characters say the doll equated to?
- The possessed doll Annabelle is finally revealed to be demonically possessed in the second installment of this spinoff franchise from The Conjuring universe.
In 1974's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, what profession does the hitchhiker mention his family's always been in?
- According to the hitchhiker, his brother, grandfather, and himself all worked at the meat plant.
Finish this quote from the original Halloween movie, made in 1978, spoken by Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie: "It was the…"
- To which Dr. Loomis replies, "As a matter of fact, it was."
What was the type of red wine mentioned by Hannibal Lecter when he described eating a census taker's liver?
- Along with some fava beans, the cannibal seemed to enjoy his dinner which included some human parts, washed down with a glass of Chianti.
What are the languages that a possessed Emily spoke when confronted by Father Moore in The Exorcism of Emily Rose?
- The evil presence claimed to be from Cain in Hebrew, from Nero in Latin, and from Judas in Greek.