Country Music Quiz
Who sings "Jolene"?
- "Jolene" is one of the most famous songs written and sung by Dolly Parton. The song reached the number one spot on charts in 1974. Dolly Parton revealed she wrote it after seeing a cute little girl in the front row at her show.
Who sings "Lovesick Blues"?
- Despite passing away at 29, Hank Williams had many hits, one of which was "Lovesick Blues". The song was originally performed in 1925 by Emmett Miller before Hank Williams performed it in 1948.
Who sings "People are Crazy"?
- "People are Crazy" became Billy Currington's third number one hit after being released in 2009. The writer, Troy Jones, came up with the lines after driving in the country side and trying to think of three things you can't argue with.
Who sings "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!"?
- Shania Twain is behind the powerful anthem "Man, I Feel Like a Woman!". The song immediately rose to fame, inspiring various covers in all genres.
Who sings "Truck Yeah!"
- Tim McGraw released his song "Truck Yeah!" in 2012. Despite criticism that the songg was meaningless, it went Platinum.
Who sings "She's Country"?
- Jason Aldean's "She's Country" went triple Platinum after being released in 2008.
What is the name of the duet sung by Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert?
- Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert debuted the song "Somethin' Bad" in 2014, immediately climbing the Country music chats. Lambert has since admitted that she was very nervous about asking Underwood to perform the song with her.
Who sings "When it Rains it Pours"?
- Luke Combs co-wrote and sings "When it Rains it Pours", which reached number one on the charts in 2017. Combs and his cowriters came up with the song after Combs wrote the title in his phone.
Which country star is a judge on The Voice?
- Blake Shelton has been a judge on The Voice since season 1 premiered in 2011. Of his 40 charted singles, 27 of Blake's songs have reached number one.
What pop star started as a country singer?
- Taylor Swift's career as a small-town country singer began in 2006, after signing her first record deal at the age of 15. Her personal narrative in songs quickly made her famous. In 2014, Taylor Swift released her first pop song "Shake it Off".