Child Stars Quiz
Who ate animal crackers in her soup?
- Shirley Temple is perhaps one of the most famous child stars of the 1930s. Her song "Animal Crackers in My Soup" appeared on television in 1935.
Who was an original Mouseketeer in 1955 and played Mark McCain later on?
- Johnny Crawford began his performing career when he was hired as an original Mouseketeer. At the age of 12, he became known as Mark McCain in "The Rifleman."
Who played Gertle in the movie ET?
- Although her first movie was Altered State, Drew Barrymore wasn't thrust into the spotlight until her role as Gertle in ET. She was eating lunch with her mom when Steven Speilberg discovered her for the role.
Who was Dr. Doogie Howser?
- Before playing Barney on How I Met Your Mother, Neil Patrick Harris was best known for his role as Dr. Doogie Howser.
Who played Steve Urkel?
- "Did I do that?" Perhaps the most famous line from Family Matters' Steve Urkel, who was played by Jaleel White.
Who played Randy in Home Improvement?
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas had various roles as a child star, but one of his most famous was perhaps his role alongside Tim Allen in Home Improvement. Thomas is also the voice of Simba in The Lion King.
Who played an alien attempting to act human on 3rd Rock From the Sun?
- Although a household name now for his major roles in movies such as The Dark Knight Rises, Joseph Gordon Levitt had a smaller start in 3rd Rock From the Sun.
Whose breakout role was Andy Hardy?
- Mickey Rooney's character of teenage troublemaker Andrew "Andy" Hardy first made an appearance in A Family Affair. The character later went on to appear in 16 films.
Which child star was in Kids Incorporated?
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her start thanks to Disney's Kids Incorporated. Musical performances were incorporated in every episode, giving the cast a chance to showcase their talents.
Who played Webster in Webster?
- Emmanuel Lewis got his start playing Webster in the 80s sitcom by the same name. Lewis was also the spokesperson for the Burger King Whopper.