The Largest Native American Tribes Quiz
What is the largest Native American tribe in the United States?
- The Navajo Nation is the largest federally recognized Native American tribe in the United States with over 300,000 members. The tribe's reservation spans over 27,000 square miles across Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.
Which tribe is the most populous in Canada?
- The Cree Nation is the largest First Nations group in Canada with over 350,000 members residing in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.
Which tribe was known for their use of horses and buffalo hunting?
- The Comanche tribe was a powerful group of Native Americans known for their expert horsemanship and buffalo hunting skills. They roamed the Great Plains region of North America and were considered the "Lords of the Plains."
Which tribe is known for their intricate basket weaving?
- The Pueblo people are known for their beautiful and intricate basket weaving, which has been passed down through generations. Their baskets are made from a variety of materials, including willow, yucca, and pine needles.
Which tribe is known for their totem poles?
- The Tlingit tribe of the Pacific Northwest is known for their impressive totem poles, which depict family crests and tell stories about their history and culture.
Which tribe is known for their use of canoes and kayaks?
- The Inuit people of Canada and Alaska are known for their expert use of canoes and kayaks, which they have used for transportation and hunting for thousands of years.
Which tribe is known for their wampum belts?
- The Mohawk tribe of the Northeastern United States and Eastern Canada is known for their wampum belts, which were made from shell beads and used for both ceremonial and diplomatic purposes.
Which tribe is known for their Kachina dolls?
- The Hopi tribe of the southwest United States is known for their Kachina dolls, which represent spirits from their mythology and are used in their religious ceremonies.
Which tribe is known for their use of the sweat lodge?
- The Sioux tribe of the Great Plains region is known for their use of the sweat lodge, which is a small, enclosed space used for spiritual purification and healing.
Which tribe is known for their intricate beadwork?
- The Ojibwe people of the Great Lakes region are known for their intricate beadwork, which has been a traditional art form for centuries.