Queen Elizabeth II Quiz
In which country was Queen Elizabeth II NOT the sovereign?
- Though the Queen was sovereign of fifteen countries, Puerto Rico was not on that list.
Where did the Queen meet the first man on the Moon, American astronaut Neil Armstrong?
- Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin met the Queen and Prince Philip at Buckingham Palace in 1969.
Who was the Prime Minister when the Queen was crowned in 1952?
- In total, the Queen saw fifteen prime ministers over her reign, starting with Winston Churchill in 1952 and ending with Liz Truss in 2022.
During what event did the Queen visit Edinburgh every year?
- Also known as "Royal Week" in Scotland, the Queen stayed at the Palace of Holyroodhouse annually during June and July.
What new type of dogs did the Queen introduce after two of the palace dogs mated?
- The product of the Queen's corgi, Tiny, mating with Princess Margaret's dachshund, named Pipkin, the first "dorgi" was created.
The Queen was the first British Monarch to visit what country?
- The Queen was the first British monarch to carry out a state visit to China in 1986, seeing the Great Wall of China with Prince Philip.
From which country did the Queen receive sloths as a gift?
- As one of the more interesting international gifts received during her reign, the Queen was given a pair of slots when she visited Brazil in 1968.
What country did the Queen travel to for a State Visit in March 2006?
- The Queen visited Singapore in 2006, touring the former British colony and meeting the president.
What year did the Queen send her first email?
- Emails were in the early days of existence when the Queen commemorated the appearance of the original internet, sending her first email in 1976— much earlier than many other leaders!
What foreign language did the Queen speak fluently?
- The Queen was talented in languages and bilingual in English and French, something that undoubtedly came in handy during various political engagements.