Which of the following is a name for the flag of the United States?
- Other names include Old Glory, Red White and Blue, and the Star-Spangled Banner.
What is the Barbados flag called by locals?
- The original symbolism of Barbados' broken trident is meant to represent the country's break from British colonialism.
What is the name of Scotland's national flag?
- This national flag features a white saltire, or diagonal cross, across the blue background, called Bratach na h-Alba in Scottish Gaelic.
The unofficial flag that represents Catalan separatism is different than the Spanish flag. What is it called?
- Otherwise known as Estelada Blava, this flag is meant to signify a move for Catalan independence.
The Quebec provincial flag features some traditional French symbols. What is it called colloquially?
- With four fleurs-de-lis, this provincial flag shows a strong tie to the French mainland from French Canada.
What is Japan's national and naval flag also known as?
- The Japanese flag is also called Hinomaru, or , featuring a blazing sun disc.
What is the Texas state flag called?
- Texas, as the Lone Star State, fittingly calls its flag the Lone Star Flag.
The English flag features a red cross— what is that symbol called?
- The Union Jack represents all of the United Kingdom, but the English flag is solely for that nation, featuring the cross of England's patron and national saint, George.
Ukraine's flag is called Zhovto-Blakytnyy (prapor) and features a blue and yellow stripe, representing what?
- Ukraine is known for its big, blue sky and many grain fields, featured in the flag.
What are the colors of the rings on the official Olympic Games flag, from left to right?
- These rings have symbolized the Olympics since 1906, with the flag instated in 1913.