Quiz: Spell That City!
The capital and largest city in Ohio:
- Half the U.S. population lives within 500 miles of Columbus.
The capital of North Dakota:
- Bismarck, North Dakota, was named for a 19th-century German statesman in an effort to attract German investors.
The largest city in New Mexico:
- Albuquerque is home to the National Atomic Museum.
The capital of New York:
- Each year Albany, New York, hosts a three-day tulip festival, featuring more than 150,000 blooms.
South Carolina's oldest city:
- Charleston, South Carolina, is home to the first brick streets in the world, laid in the 1870s.
The largest city in Nevada:
- The stretch of road called the "Las Vegas Strip" glows with hundreds of neon signs.
The largest city in California:
- Most U.S. television shows are filmed in the Los Angeles area.
The largest city in Washington state:
- Lush, green Seattle is sometimes called "The Emerald City."
The capital of Kentucky:
- Frankfort is known for its thoroughbred horses.
The largest city in Wisconsin:
- Milwaukee started off as a fur-trading post.