National Animals of the World Part II
What is the national animal of Greece?
- The national animal of Greece is the common dolphin, also known as Delphinus delphis, and is used to symbolize hope, compassion, and alliegance, as well as a connection to the ancient Greeks and their god of the sea, Poseidon.
What is the national animal of Armenia?
- While the eagle and lion are both ancient symbols of Armenian culture, the Golden Eagle is the official national animal of Armenia.
What is the national animal of Mauritius?
- Though the dodo bird is extinct, it's the national emblem of Mauritius. Their non-extinct national animal is the sambar deer, which features on the country's coat of arms, alongside the dodo.
What is the national animal of Qatar?
- This elegant antelope is an animal native to the Arabian Peninsula where Qatar is located. And as well as being able to survive in the arid desert conditions, it is Qatar's national animal.
What is the national animal of Romania?
- While the lynx is the large cat that figures as Romania's national symbol, the country also has a national mythical animal: the Dacian Draco.
What is the national animal of Vanuatu?
- There are many unique native animals to this Southwestern Pacific country, with the iguana being the national emblem.
What is the national animal of Taiwan?
- Along with the bear, Taiwan's national birds are the Taiwan blue magpie and Mikado pheasant.
What is the national animal of Andorra?
- Andorra is the only country with the official language of Catalan, and unironically, the many cattle that roam the landscape are the national animal.
What is the national animal of Zimbabwe?
- An iconic animal of Africa's Southern regions, the sable antelope is both a national symbol for Zimbabwe and highly sought after by photographers and hunters alike for its striking stature and horns.
What is the national animal of Saint Lucia?
- More popularly known as the Saint Lucian parrot, it's no wonder that this striking bird is the national animal of the country.