Italy Map Quiz
Which of the following seas does NOT border Italy?
- Italy is surrounded by the Adriatic Sea to the east, the Tyrrhenian Sea to the west, and the Ionian Sea to the south.
Which mountain range runs down the length of Italy?
- The Apennines run down the length of the Italian peninsula, dividing the country east and west.
What is the name of the large island off the southern coast of Italy?
- Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean and is located off the southern coast of Italy.
Which of the following rivers is not located in Italy?
- Which of the following seas does NOT border Italy?
Which city is located at the southern tip of Italy?
- Bari is located at the southern tip of Italy, in the region of Puglia.
What is the name of the famous canal city in northeastern Italy?
- Venice is known for its canals, gondolas, and historic architecture.
Which of the following cities is not located in Italy's Tuscany region?
- Milan is located in the Lombardy region, not Tuscany.
What is the name of the active volcano located on the island of Sicily?
- Mt. Etna is located on the eastern coast of Sicily and is one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
Which of the following regions is not located in northern Italy?
- Tuscany is located in central Italy, while Lombardy, Veneto, and Piedmont are all in the northern part of the country.
Which of the following bodies of water is located to the west of Italy?
- The Tyrrhenian Sea is located to the west of Italy, while the Adriatic Sea is to the east and the Ionian Sea is to the south.