Hispanic America: Geography Quiz
Find the largest island in the Caribbean.
Which line is north of the equator . . .
- The Tropic of Capricorn is south of the equator.
Tenochtitlán was the ancient Aztec name for what city?
- Tenochtitlán was the capital of the Aztec empire, as Mexico City is now the capital of Mexico.
Where is the ancient Mayan Temple of the Jaguar?
- This temple is found in Guatemala’s Tikal National Park.
¿Donde en la tierra está Puerto Rico?
- Puerto Rico is an island in the Caribbean.
What is South America's smallest Hispanic country?
- Uruguay is smaller than every South American country except Suriname, which is not Hispanic.
Where is the Caribbean National Forest (known as El Yunque)?
- More than a million tourists visit this tropical rainforest each year.
¿Donde en la tierra está Venezuela . . .
In what country is the ancient Inca fortress city of Machu Picchu?
- Hidden between two peaks in the Andes, Machu Picchu's ruins were not discovered until 1911.
In what city is "Calle Ocho" the heart of Little Havana?
- "Calle Ocho" means "Eighth Street."