Can You Name These Pyramids From Around The World?
What is the name of this step pyramid found at Saqqara in Egypt?
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage site, the Pyramid of Djoser is one of 11 major pyramids in the pharaoh's complex.
You can find this pyramid at the Teotihuacan site in Mexico, reaching 75 meters into the sky. What is it known as?
- This is one of the largest stepped pyramids in the world and is surprisingly well-preserved.
What is the name of the pyramid found in one of the most ancient populated Mayan and Toltec cities on the Yucatan Peninsula?
- Its full name is Chichén Itzá El Castillo and it is also one of the New Wonders of the World.
One of the only Roman pyramids ever created, what is the name of this white marble tomb located in Rome?
- This pyramid was created to house the remains of Gaius Cestius, a magistrate during the late 1st century BC.
What is the name of this structure that can be found in the remains of the Indian Chola Empire, appearing as an impressive triangular building with many decorative elements?
- Glowing gold at sunset and sunrise, this temple was created to honor the Hindu god Shiva.
What is the colloquial name of this Egyptian structure that was built by Sneferu in Dahshur?
- You can find this interesting structure in the Dahshur necropolis of this Old Kingdom royal lineage.
Overlooking the Nazca Lines in Peru, what is the name of this sloping pyramid-like structure that was used as a ceremonial center?
- From around 1 to 500 AD, this complex was one of the most important sites for the ancient Nazca people.
Located in Veracruz, Mexico, this pyramid was once a part of the ancient Totonac state's capital city, called El Tajin. What is the pyramid itself called?
- With six steppes leading to the top, this pyramid is covered in fascinating carvings and symbols.
You can find this pyramid in Guatemala and it stands as one of the most impressive and well-preserved Mayan sites. What is it called?
- The largest of the 5 Tikal pyramids is over 200 feet high and many are topped with elaborate temples to the ancient gods.
- Though like other Mayan complexes, Uxmal has several ceremonial pyramids, this structure is the most well-known and impressive.