Iconic Canadian Foods
Which of the following are chip flavors unique to Canada?
- Canada has many Lay's chip flavors that are exclusive to the country, that also include cinnamon and butter chicken.
In some Eastern Canadian provinces, what packaging does milk come in?
- Provinces like Ontario and Quebec sell grocery store milk in plastic bags.
What are these treats called, with layers of chocolate, custard, and crumb base?
- They are named after the city of Nanaimo in British Columbia and are a favorite Canadian treat.
What popular beefy Chinese menu item was actually invented in Calgary, Alberta?
- Originating from Calgary's Silver Inn during the early 1980s, creator George Wong first presented this delicious dish that would become a national favorite.
This French Canadian meat pie is popularly served at Christmastime. What is it called?
- With a mixture of meats and mashed potato as a filling, it's a hearty dish for the cold winter nights.
It is no secret that Canadians love maple syrup. What is a popular way to make candy out of it?
- In the depths of winter, it's common to drizzle maple syrup across a snow bank and then scoop it up with a popsicle stick or a fork to enjoy the taffy-like consistency of cold syrup!
In provinces like Alberta, eating bull testicles is a delicious snack or appetizer. What is this dish called?
- Cowboys, ranchers, and townsfolk alike can be found enjoying this often deep-fried dish, typically served as an appetizer.
This classic Canadian cocktail is made of vodka, hot sauce, tomato juice, clam juice, and pickle juice. What is it called?
- The Canadian Caesar has other ingredient variations, including BBQ sauce, soy sauce, or Worcestershire sauce, but the drink is always salty, spicy, and a little bit bitter.
Eating Kraft dinner is a staple in many countries around the world, but what do many Canadians put on top of their boxed mac 'n' cheese?
- Adding a good glug of ketchup on top of your cheesy pasta is a truly Canadian way to eat it!
Canada is known for its variety of wildlife. But what kind of food is a beavertail?
- These delicious pastries are round and flat in shape, just like a beaver's tail, and the fried dough is loaded with either sweet or savory toppings— no actual animal tails to be found here!