William Shakespeare: Henry VI (Pt 1), Dramatis Personae
Updated September 23, 2019 | Infoplease Staff
- King Henry the Sixth
- Duke of Gloucester, uncle to the King, and Protector.
- Duke of Bedford, uncle to the King, and Regent of France.
- Thomas Beaufort, Duke of Exeter, great-uncle to the King.
- Henry Beaufort, great-uncle to the King, Bishop of Winchester, and afterwards Cardinal.
- John Beaufort, Earl, afterwards Duke, of Somerset.
- Richard Plantagenet, son of Richard late Earl of Cambridge, afterwards Duke of York.
- Earl of Warwick
- Earl of Salisbury
- Earl of Suffolk
- Lord Talbot, afterwards Earl of Shrewsbury.
- John Talbot, Lord Talbot's son.
- Edmund Mortimer, Earl of March.
- Sir John Fastolfe
- Sir William Lucy
- Sir William Glansdale
- Sir Thomas Gargrave
- Mayor of London
- Woodvile, Lieutenant of the Tower.
- Vernon, of the White-Rose or York faction.
- Basset, of the Red-Rose or Lancaster faction.
- A Lawyer.
- Mortimer's Keepers.
- Charles, Dauphin, and afterwards King, of France.
- Reignier, Duke of Anjou, and titular King of Naples.
- Duke of Burgundy
- Duke of Alencon
- Bastard of Orleans
- Governor of Paris.
- Master-Gunner of Orleans, and his Son.
- General of the French forces in Bourdeaux.
- A French Sergeant.
- A Porter.
- An old Shepherd, father to Joan la Pucelle.
- Margaret, daughter to Reignier, afterwards married to King Henry.
- Countess of Auvergne
- Joan LA Pucelle, commonly called Joan of Arc.
- Lords, Warders of the Tower, Heralds, Officers, Soldiers, Messengers, and Attendants.
- Fiends appearing to La Pucelle.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.