by Ann-Marie Imbornoni and Tasha Vincent
Former president Bill Clinton is the most recent chief executive whose administration has been associated with a major scandal—and he was impeached as a result of it—but he is not the first president to commit abuses of power or to be implicated in serious wrongdoing while in office. Here is a short list of the major scandals that have tarnished the executive office over the years.
- Ulysses S. Grant: Crédit Mobilier & the Whiskey Ring
- Warren Harding: Teapot Dome
- Richard Nixon: Watergate
- Ronald Reagan: Iran-Contra
- Bill Clinton: Whitewater, Paula Jones, and Monica Lewinsky
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.