NFL Preview: AFC West
Oakland, Denver, San Diego, Seattle, and Kansas City
by Mike Morrison
AFC WEST POLL
AFC West—You choose:
More Infoplease Picks:
1. Oakland—They're at the top of the worst division in the AFC. Charles Woodson will lead the league in picks. While Rich Gannon isn't exactly awe-inspiring, he's more than effective.
2. Denver—With a healthy Terrell Davis and Olandis Gary in the backfield, the Broncos could challenge the Raiders for the AFC West title. They'll need to, because winning the division will be their only shot at making the playoffs.
3. San Diego—Amidst a host of injuries to key personnel and other distractions from quarterback Ryan Leaf, the team still finished at 8-8. If Leaf can focus on hurling the pigskin, rather than hurling epithets, 10-6 isn't out of the question.
4. Seattle—They never seem to get any respect, do they? After a strong start, Quarterback Jon Kitna tailed off towards the end of last year while Ricky Watters was gaining the quietest 1,200 yards in the league. Look for 7-9.
5. Kansas City—They have the best tight end in the league in Tony Gonzalez. That's just not enough. They overachieved last year and finished at 9-7 but this year, they'll fall to 5-11.
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.