NFL Preview: AFC Central
Tennessee, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Cleveland
by Mike Morrison
AFC CENTRAL POLL
Vote for your AFC Central pick:
More Infoplease Picks:
1. Tennessee—Last year's 13-3 record and Super Bowl appearance was no fluke. Steve McNair and Eddie George can score on anybody and Jevon Kearse will see to it that opposing quarterbacks ache after playing this team.
3. Baltimore—Two words: Deee-Fence!! The steadily-improving Ravens reached the .500 mark in 1999 and will surpass it in 2000. Even with Tony Banks at quarterback, they're looking at 9-7 and a playoff berth.
4. Pittsburgh—Bill Cowher is a great coach, but this team is hurting. The Bus has two bum wheels and the Kordell Stewart/Kent Graham experiment won't work.
5. Cincinnati—If Corey Dillon can stay out of trouble, he'll rush for over 1,200 yards and 8-10 touchdowns. Rookie receiver Peter Warrick will electrify. But let's face it, the Bangles aren't good.
6. Cleveland—More NFL experience for quarterback Tim Couch and receiver Kevin Johnson will account for another couple of wins. But that will only make four.
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.