Glossary of Chemical Terms - V
- Another name for a gas.
- Providing an opening for the discharge of gases or the relief of pressure.
- Resistance of a substance to flow.
- A substance which is easily vaporized.
- To make volatile; to cause to pass off in vapor.
- A unit of electrical potential.
- The space occupied by a mass.
- The process for changing rubber from a weak material into a hard, strong material, usually by heating with sulfur.
Glossary created by David Shaw (Madison Area Technical College) for The Chemistry Place.
Information Please Chemistry Place, 2005 Pearson Education, Inc. All Rights Reserved.