1300?1399 (A.D.) World History
Updated February 28, 2017 | Infoplease Staff
- Mali Empire reaches its height in Africa under King Mansa Musa.
- c. 1325
- The beginning of the Renaissance in Italy: writers Dante, Petrarch, Boccaccio; painter Giotto. Development of Noh drama in Japan. Aztecs establish Tenochtitln on site of modern Mexico City. Peak of Muslim culture in Spain. Small cannon in use.
- Hundred Years' War?English and French kings fight for control of France.
- At least 25 million people die in Europe's ?Black Death? (bubonic plague).
- Ming Dynasty begins in China.
- John Wycliffe, pre-Reformation religious reformer, and followers translate Latin Bible into English.
- The Great Schism (to 1417)?rival popes in Rome and Avignon, France, fight for control of Roman Catholic Church.
- c. 1387
- Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
- Tamerlane, the Mongol conqueror, begins last great conquest?Delhi.
1200?1299 <span class="small" >(A.D.)</span> World History 1400?1499 <span class="small" >(A.D.)</span> World History
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.