Toledo, University of
Toledo, University of, at Toledo, Ohio coeducational chartered 1872, opened 1875, and received its first municipal support in 1884. Its present name was adopted in 1940, and in 1967 the university was transferred to the state. In 2007 it added the Health Science Campus (formerly the Medical Univ. of Ohio). Research facilities include a polymer institute, an industrial systems center, and a center for the visual arts. The library has a special collection of Ezra Pound materials.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-