New Mexico, University of
New Mexico, University of, main campus at Albuquerque state supported coeducational chartered 1889, opened 1892. It maintains graduate centers at Los Alamos and Santa Fe and conducts joint research with Sandia and Los Alamos national laboratories and the Holloman Air Force Base missile development center. Among its publications are the Journal of Anthropological Research and the Hispanic American Historical Review. The library has an archive of Southwestern music, and the anthropology museum has extensive collections in Southwestern history.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-