Meshullam mĕshŭl´əm [key], in the Bible.
1 Ancestor of Shaphan. 2 Son of Zerubbabel. 3 See Meshelemiah . 4 See Shallum 4 and 7. 5 Father-in-law of Johanan 10. 6 Repairer of the wall. 7 Assistant of Ezra. 8 Father of the Benjamite Sallu. 9 Ancestor of Adaiah 4. 10 Gadite chief. 11 Chief man of the Exile. 12, 13 Sealers of the covenant. 14 Grandfather of Azariah 24. 15, 16 Priests in the time of Jehoiakim. 17 Prince of Judah. 18 One present at the reading of the Law. 19 A porter.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-