Spanish literature: Bibliography
See A. Flores, ed., Masterpieces of the Spanish Golden Age (1957); S. Resnick and J. Pasmantier, An Anthology of Spanish Literature in English Translation (2 vol., 1958). For histories of Spanish letters see R. E. Chandler and K. Schwartz, A New History of Spanish Literature (1961); G. Brenan, The Literature of the Spanish People (2d ed. 1965); A. Díaz-Plaja, A History of Spanish Literature (1971); M. Schneider and I. Stern, Modern Spanish and Portuguese Literatures (1988); W. S. Merwin, tr. and ed., From the Spanish Morning (1985).
- The Nineteenth Century and Romanticism
- Late-Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century Movements
- The Renaissance and the Golden Age of Spanish Literature
- The Eighteenth Century
- Early Works in Castilian Spanish
- Iberian Literature before Spanish
- The Spanish Civil War to the Present
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Spanish and Portuguese Literature